Wow, I've really let this blog lapse! So sorry for not staying on top of it better! We will start from December….
We had the best Christmas break! It was so incredibly relaxing and we ate the best food! Grayson also had the best time! I enjoyed spending time with my little man every day and seeing our wonderful families! Andrew and I even got some R&R! Thank you! Grayson got trains and many other fun gifts! He loves his trains…THOMAS! We are going to take him to ride Thomas the Train when it comes to town this April. He is going to love it!
January…Happy NEW YEAR! Here we are 2014! Never a dull moment around the Capstickdale's. After the holiday, Bella was limping pretty severely, so I took her to the vet to have a look. Low and behold, a torn ACL! Really? Really? We scheduled surgery for the 9th and she has been in recovery since. Leash walk only, no jumping, no running, relaxation? WHAT, I mean if you know Bella there is not much relaxing with her, she is on the go moving dog! GO Dog GO! Even though, she has been jumping on beds, couches, countertops to get food, when greeting people, and took off after another dog, she is ahead of schedule for her recovery! So how about that!
We also had a snow storm here on the 28th. What a day that was! Our schools didn't let us out in time and everyone was trapped! I left a little early to get Grayson because his school was closing early. I was in such good sprits, A snow day what fun! Not AT ALL! I was going along just fine until I started sliding into the median. I was able to get out and back on the road, but not far. I had to abandon my car, and walk. I was fuming, and unprepared. I thanked God that there was a ski shop ahead, where I purchased a hat and warm socks. I hiked it up to my amazing friend, Bridget's house, she calmed me down and clothed me with proper clothes to walk in the snow. I walked down HWY 31 to meet up with Andrew and Grayson. Luckily Andrew was able to pick up Grayson from daycare! We drove as close to our house as we possible could, then we abandoned his car and walked home. Out of no where a kind man asked us if we wanted a warming blanket for Grayson, YES! We wrapped him up like baby Jesus and off we went. He was such a good sport! Once we were all together it was all ok, we could walk one more mile home. We finally got home, safe and sound! The next couple of days were a blast! Grayson loved playing in the snow, and we did't have school for the rest of the week! God constantly reminded me that day that he is with me, in the smallest ways he reminded me that he is there to take care of me. He provided in so many ways, it was such a sweet reminder of his love and care for his children!
February!!! Happy Birthday and Happy Snow days!! LOVE!
Well it was another scare of snow this week, so on Monday night I got a text, NO SCHOOL! WHOOT, WHOOT!! But no snow! We finally got snow Wednesday night and enjoyed playing in it on Grayson's Birthday! What a fun week, no school and SNOW! Grayson just loves the snow! He got a new play kitchen, and is becoming a very good cook. Chef Grayson served me popcorn, made donuts and yogurt! YUMMM! He loves being the new Top Chef around the house--well at least he did yesterday! I can't believe we have a TWO year old. He is showing the true colors of a two year old though! Yesterday I went to a store to pick something up and he was having a fit. He was laying on the floor because he wouldn't let me carry him. The lady who worked there walked by, I told her that he was two today, and we laughed! I think I'll have to put more patience into practice and laugh our way through this!
Here are some fun pics of our sweet boy!
1 Peter 5:6-7
6 So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor. 7 Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.
 |
| I learned a new smile! CHEESE! |
 |
| Snow Storm #1 |
 |
| I love Sunglasses! |
 |
| Too CUTE! |
 |
Oops, forgot to mention we had to get a really short haircut!
My BAD! :) |
 |
| BIRTHDAY KING! |
 |
| Just BEAUTY! |
 |
| Snow lodge Capstickdale! |
 |
| Hey Chef! |
 |
| SMILE! |
 |
| I love snow! |
 |
| Snowman! Its OLAF! |
No comments:
Post a Comment